What are tensile testing standards?
International organisations such as ASTM, BSI, DIN, ISO, EN and MIL develop a wide range of tensile testing standards. There are also many specially developed in-house company standards for product, component and material tensile tests.
Mecmesin has extensive experience in developing solutions for internationally recognised and in-house tensile testing standards.
Common tensile testing standards
Some of the most common tensile testing standards we're asked about by our customers include...
- ASTM D412Vulcanized rubber and thermoplastics - tension
- ASTM D882Tensile properties of thin plastic sheeting
- ASTM D2105Longitudinal tensile properties of fibreglass (GRP) pipe and tube
- ASTM D3574Flexible cellular materials - slab, bonded, and molded urethane foams
- ASTM D5034Breaking strength and elongation of textile fabrics (grab test)
- ISO 527-5Plastics - determination of tensile properties - Part 5: Test conditions for unidirectional fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) composites
- ISO 1924-2Paper and board - determination of tensile properties - Part 2: Constant rate of elongation method
How can we help you?
We work with our customers to interpret the requirements of the standard and, for many common tests, we have a range of pre-configured solutions.
For more specialised requirements, as well as products and components that are harder to 'grip' securely, we provide a custom design service to develop bespoke grips and fixtures.
What do our customers say?
The Mecmesin machine is a great piece of kit – it has allowed us to move forward with our research in a very productive way, and we are grateful for the excellent technical support that has come with it.
Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
The University of Nottingham
Got a question about this system? Get in touch and speak to one of our Technical Sales Engineers now...